Mon petit chou-fleur...
...je veux te couper.
And, a recipe:
- Cut one head of cauliflower into florets. Boil in salted water until slightly underdone.
- Start three strips of bacon in a cold, cast-iron pan.
- Cook one-half pound of pasta in the same water as the cauliflower. Something big and chunky works best: fusilli, rotini, gemelli...
- Once the bacon has crisped itself, remove from the pan and drain.
- Add red pepper flakes and one smashed clove of garlic. Remove garlic after 30 seconds.
- Add cauliflower, pasta, and one half cup of the cooking water to pan. Break up large pieces of cauliflower with your wooden spoon. Toss vigorously and allow to cook.
- Chop bacon and return to pan. Finish with parmesan. Adjust salt and pepper.
Wed May 12 20:23:12 2010Mark: I thought you were dead.
Thu May 13 09:23:05 2010subnaught: For a while there, it kinda felt like it.
Mon May 17 00:38:03 2010putnam: cauliflower + bacon
can this ration be weighed against power steering?